Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Before and After

So I haven't touched my thesis for two weeks!! I sent in my work to my prof, and i am waiting for feedback. I *could* be working on my conclusion, but I don't think it'll take long to write 5 to 8 pages. Or, I *could* be editing and editing and editing until I'm blue in the face... but it's the holidays and none of the other students are working... starbucks is closed... hoho!

It's funny. My life kinda lacks meaning. I have to re-orientate myself. What am I living for at this moment? What is the current project in process?

Honestly, I find the gossip that i used to enjoy quite a bore! I had so many explanations as to why i enjoyed it. Usually, it goes back to the gossip columnist and how good s/he is at interpreting the mundane details of daily life.

What I used to do:
--work out 3-5 times a week
--climbing 2 times a week

--read and write blogs
--watch Craig Ferguson monologues on YouTube
--Read Lainey gossip diligently

--read & write
--take walks around downtown
--listen to music
--daydream


What I do now:
--climbing 3 times a week

--take a deep and sincere interest in hanging out with people
--knit & bake

--read & write
--take walks around downtown
--listen to music
--daydream

I used to hate hanging out with people when I was still writing. I hated opening up. I hated telling people that i was stuck--or haphazardly disguising that. I hated (not) listening to people--or haphazardly disguising that. I was preoccupied with guilt whenever I was hanging out with people--or haphazardly disguising that. I still hate to bake, but it's a good social activity--seeing that i love socializing nowadays--and baked goods are things you can share with people. hoho!

It's interesting how circumstances arc and stretch one's character. It speaks of versatility and flexibility in our personality. It speaks of our knowledge and control of self, rather than the contrary.

PS> I also photograph much better now! hohoho!

No comments: