Friday, March 03, 2006

Chicken shit

funniest thing. i thought i had set up a gmail acct for my sister. so i try a list of passwords i could have possibly set her up with. then i try the secret question--what's your father's middle name--and i got it. the gmail acct opens for me, but i soon realize it's being used by someone else. that means i probably hadn't set up the acct, and i got into someone else's email account b/c i answered the correct answer to their secret question--father's middle name. i peruse a few of their emails and find out that he (i think it's a "he") has the same phonetic name as my sister--first and last, and his dad has almost the same name as my dad--the same english name, and one of the two chinese characters, and of course the last name. should i give the email acct back to him?

At first i wasn't thinking of giving it back to him. i thought, "heh, loser!" Besides, this account hasn't been used very much--i checked the outbox, and he hasn't used it to send email since 2005 sometime. his inbox is current--it only had 3 spam emails in it, sent today's date. So i begin cleaning it up a little, unsubscribing to certain newsletters and deleting emails. but the more i think about it, the more i worry. what if the gmail people find out it was me... what if i get punished?

Maybe it serves him right to pick such a simple answer. The answer is a monosyllabic 2 letters long! I think that if i don't worry that the gmail people will find me, and if i don't worry that he'll somehow find out my password and take the account back, I'll keep it. But i worry...

I think i'm going to die. My fingers are already losing heat, and my neck is already tense. I'm going to hide and disappear.

What if i go to prison? or get a criminal record? there must be laws protecting electronic privacy which i have violated. Oh, i really shouldn't invite more trouble to myself. What if i get extradited? I can just imagine police cops coming to get me from this corner of the library, from which i'm squatting.

Am I overreacting? I shall never be able to hold my head up, again. Maybe in the future, after i finish my term in prison, i will look back at this experience and laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That was funny KH