So I'm feeling embaressingly pathetic. I'm an adult, for heaven's sake! So Sunday, I decide to take it easy, and enjoy myself.
Afternoon: I go to Starbucks in Chapters on Whyte, and read Toew's A Complicated Kindness. Some fellow approaches me, and asks if he could share my table. He's a 4th yr science student, and it turns out we've met before in the Outdoors Club, though i don't rmbr him. He rmbrs me by my name though, which is interesting. I gave him my email.
Dinner: I walk out to Sam Wok, and encounter Bob (Adams) the Street Poet and Travis and Grant at the same time. Bob recites poetry for us, and then Travis and Grant leaves. So Bob walks along with me, and tells me about his family and his past experiences too. He says he's engaged to a Japanese woman who prolly won't return to Canada, he once dated a UA English PhD student, he's the creator of NHL's goalie pads, and the publication of his poetry is "in process." I take him to Sam Wok with me. I gave him my email.
Evening: I go to Open Mic nite at Cargo & James Tea Shoppe on Whyte. They're all musicians performing tonite. some are pretty impressive. I sit in the back and meet Michael Joseph, who performs. I buy his CD. I think he's gay, so i trust him. but then he asks me for my phone number (?). I gave him my email.
so I had a pleasantly relaxing day, and everything's all good. Except I still enshrine the dance instructor in my mind, creating scenarios where we'd meet again. pathetic, yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment