Saturday, November 07, 2009

PhD

Here's what I plan to accomplish in my PhD program:

Firstly, I will fulfill language requirements. I am extremely enthusiastic to fulfill this long overdue gap in knowledge. I look forward to extending my knowledge of Chinese literature, beyond the undergraduate level, and I will seek opportunities to study abroad.

Secondly, the development of Chinese Canadian literature subsumes the knowledge and the usage of an originary Chinese literature. Yet, this profound link has been grossly neglected. I would like to study Chinese literature for the purpose of reinforcing this link by creating adaptations incorporating not only the content of fiction and history, but also incorporating linguistic and stylistic aesthetics.
to enrich the Chinese-Canadian literary landscape, for SURVIVAL

Since I am most interested in the genre of theatre, my interests are interdisciplinary, involving both the theatre department and the east asian studies program. I engage in the practice of adaption for the stage.

My background, having studied Chinese-Canadian literature as a minority literature within the context of identity politics,

No comments: