var.: Misandrist
French, from Greek miso- : hating
Late Latin, from Greek phallos
Josh just reminded me why i am single, while single-handedly increasing my singledom by another 5 years, at least. Let me tell you the story: So friday nite, we went to Rum Jungle at WEM, on a school bus, organized by a fraternity. Though I knew a number of girls and boys on the bus, and quickly made new friends, I told Josh that him and I, we're sticking together tonite. We're sticking together tonite like girlfriends do. But lo and behold, he leaves on the midnite bus, without even saying good-bye. Someone else tells me he's leaving, and I catch up with him at the door. I confront him, and his response, "I don't have boobies." True, i had known him for only half a year, and he did not deserve the trust bestowed. But I am very disappointed at his performance.
Perhaps Josh's bad behavior caught me during a moment of melancholia, as I observed the club, contemplating alcohol-induced relationships, wasted youthfulness, and the simulacra of party. So thereafter, melancholic energy was transformed, and i took great pleasure indulging myself in misophallist feelings of hate and anger. They are feelings, endowed by god, to enrich our lives from the bland numbness of everyday. These feelings must need also exercise.
As I looked around the dance floor, i could not stand the sight of young arrogant boys. The way they dressed, and how their clothes emphasized the difference and hardness of their bodies, the way they stood and strut, and their eyes, were all offensive to me: clueless, yet arrogant. These were young boys who were unworthy of their needs and wants, which they lacked--womless. What also repulsed me was their self-righteous head-bob "dancing," which i really can't help but roll my eyes toward. It was an unimpressive carnival. The girls, i wonder, do they know the power they embody? Why? for who do they dance and dress? They represent a power, that i don't think even they recognize--in their dancing, their solidarity, and the attention they harvest.
why am i single? why don't you get yourself a parakeet? Certainly, one may argue that the female-male relationship is so much the more profound than the female-parakeet relationship. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
In retrospect, I am glad of this falling out with Josh. Otherwise, he soon would have become someone i never had a chance to know better. Now, he's become someone i really don't care to know much better. I would say, all-in-all, it was a productive nite--in all its constructive and destructive ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment