Happy Birthday! I found your blog, Life~~ Not Taken (TOO) Seriously.. (in Boston), b/c you and i both list Chang-Rae Lee as one of our favourite reads.
I enjoy your blog because i think we must be like-minded individuals, if that does not offend you. I'm single and doing the "Grace-thing," enjoying city life, with several excursions to the mountains and ocean every year. I'm currently located in Edmonton, AB. But i'm originally from Vancouver, BC.
I've been following your blog for a while, and i'm catching up on your previous posts. I like your discussion on homosexuality and religion; I've been contemplating the question, as well. And i think of course, the civil rite versus religious rite, is an easy focus for proponents of gay marriage. For Christians, I don't like the idea that homosexuality is arbitrarily taken for granted as a sin that's here to stay, b/c it implies that homosexuals won't ever be "as good." Then of course, the morality line must be drawn, and of course it's arbitrarily drawn--which side are you on? Sometimes, i wonder why we, as individuals and as nations, participate in such arbitrary discussions, and the answer always comes out to be to keep each other employed and out of mischief. And then, of course, insignificantly, i end there.
I bet we could become bosom buddies too (Anne of Green Gables actually uses "bosom friends" but i like the alliteration of "bosom buddies"). you seem like a go-getter who's really open-minded, creative, funny, confident, and pretty too! You put yourself out there--way out there. Mischievious, i imagine, in a way sometimes only to your detriment. I'm like that, at least: why can't i just shut-up; behave properly, i tell myself; left, right, left, right, don't trip.
Well, maybe you're better put together than that. But, I'm proud of our self-reflexivity which pains us to no end. For it is the unexamined life that is not worth living--so we're told. I'm also told that my blog is depressing, which i find odd, because i was really trying to be funny. hmmm. I don't read the personality protrayed in your blog as depressing. I like that personality, i relate to it, and if perchance it's not similar to mine, then maybe it's a personality i used to be, i wish to be, or i think i am. curious.
Anyways, thanks for allowing me the privilege as a voyeur through your blog. Perhaps you have not publicized your weblog extensively, but I'm surprised that there are not more comments from your friends and other readers.
Thanks very much, Paula. It's a pleasure reading your blog.
Sincerely,
kh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey KH,
Funny, I write in my blog not really thinking that anyone actually bothers to read it or look at it. Even my closest friends don't really know of its existence.
That being said, you are welcome at anytime to check out what I write. Some of your observations of me is pretty right on the ball... I do put myself way out there (as I said I don't think anyone really reads by blogs..SOOOO... it's not hard for me to be personal) Then again,... perhaps there must be a bit of a exhibitionist in me as well (hence all the pictures.. :))
I do think I come up quite short to most of the other stuff. I live my life out in Boston as a way of being able to make mistakes, and work my way in understanding a world I barely feel I belong to sometimes.
As for the whole homosexuality issue, that came into light for me when my best friend came out of the closet. In order support him, somehow my whole world just opened to more homosexual friends in Boston, and an understanding of not just different personalities but real people. I believe that before you judge anyone for anything, you really need to get to know that person for who they are and why they do the things that they do. Even among my homosexual circles, the line is drawn for rampant inappropriate promiscuity that comes from lack of self esteem and internal brokenness. Love, I believe comes in not judging that but understanding and providing a safe place to talk about deeper issues. Then again, I'm no expert.
Anyway, Thank you for your warm thoughts... I hope we can be "bosom friends"... or kindred spirits... Best of luck in doing the "Grace-thing" in Canada. I heard everyone is mega-friendly over there. I hope to visit one day. :)
Take care.
Paula
Post a Comment