Sunday, February 06, 2005

Solitaire

i'm a very solitary person. haven't always been. but certainly am now. theatre and literature keep me company.

i'm comfortable with a small circle of friends, who are very important to me, and they know who they are.

I haven't always been like that. In high school, I was not popular (to say the least), so in undergrad I compensated by meeting people left, right, and center--ah, my glory days. I cared immensely about those people. But since then, i have moved on from them, and they me. One may argue that I have become embittered of relationships of any kind.

But i would prefer to believe that i've found a coundition more suitable to myself, in and for this moment. I am very comfortable with my popularity level (or lack, thereof), b/c i love being on my own. I am almost always alone actually. Honestly, nothing ever happens in my life. All i ever do is sit, read, think, and write. Maybe one day I shall conquer the world.

Maybe this shall last only a moment. Maybe I shall strive for company in another moment, and then become solitary again in yet another.

One thing for sure: People I like, I exert energy being nice to them. People i don't like, i exert energy making them miserable were they in my company.

So, moral of story: People I don't like... stay away.

No comments: