Happy New Year!! gee... it's been a while since I've updated this. I have been thinking... who am i writing to? who is my audience? i can't quite determine that, so that's why i'm having trouble. Perhaps my audience is myself, later on. Yes, we shall begin with that.
The other problem I have is with school. I'm taking two Drama undergrad classes with Marie Nychka, and one English grad class with Dr. Gary Kelly (on Edmonton popular print). Those classes are fine. But the problem lies in my thesis. I'm really supposed to be starting my thesis, and i haven't started one bit! I'm having some trouble with Chin-Cdn lit, too. One of their first premises is that racism is rampid, and it is our goal to resist that racism. But does resistence cause the racism to be internalized? Because you become so aware of it, so sensitive to it, you think about it all the time. I don't know. Besides, are subject specialists creating and preserving their own field of study, if you know what i mean. Actually, lit seems to be a little pretentious to me, at this point also. I don't know what it's purpose is anymore. I laugh and scoff at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment